Thursday, December 20, 2012

Armed teachers?

I'm not sure if this is the best approach to solving the problem but it is a far better idea than the "Let's ban guns! That'll fix the problem!" approach that seems to be the focus of our government.

And just so you know, I'm not against the concept of banning future sales of high capacity firearms but I don't understand what that will accomplish, other than making Diane Feinstein and Nancy Pelosi feel good about themselves.

Between 2000 and 2010, the Bushmaster corporation sold close to half a million AR-15 rifles. I have no idea how many AR-15 rifles the Armalite Corporation or Colt Firearms sold but I can imagine it's probably about the same. My conservative estimate is that there are more than one million AR-15 rifles in the hands of American citizens.

The genie is out of the bottle folks and no matter what the government tries to do, it won't ever be able to put it back. If the government ever tries something stupid like attempting to force people to turn in their guns, it'll be a fiasco. People won't do it. As a matter of fact, you might just see a bunch of armed standoffs between the federal government and those crazy militias out west. Those guys are the "You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead hands" kind of guys.

Oh, and by the way, the AR-15 is just one of a class of high-end, high-capacity semi-automatic rifles known as carbines. I can't begin to imagine how many M1, M1A, Mini-14, REC-7, SR25 or SCAR-17 carbines are floating around out there.

*

Todays links are listed below:


No comments: