Thursday, December 6, 2012

My power inlet has shipped.

Pretty soon, my house will be prepared to handle whatever power outages mother nature decides to throw my way.

No more extension cords and no more open basement windows. Just pure electricity coursing through the wires in the walls, powering my refrigerator, my furnace, my lights and, most importantly, my TV set.

*

According to the website CreditCards.com, if Obama and Boehner don't stop shoving each other like 3rd graders in a playground fight, I am royally screwed, blued and tattooed.

I won't be getting $500 or a $1,000 back in the tax refund I calculated out when I changed my witholding last January. Instead, I will be looking around for a non-existent $6,000 or $7,000 to send to the government so that the large men in black suits don't show up at my door and take me away in ankle irons.

I'm too old and frail to go to jail.

*

If you're interested, you can click on these links:


No comments: