Saturday, December 15, 2012

Moving right along....

I'm going to stay away from any comment on what happened yesterday. I spoke my peace yesterday and I'll leave it at that.

I will, however, note that while I think the sentiment expressed in the "Morgan Freemen" quote is fairly succinct and accurate, I doubt that it came from Mr. Freeman. Despite my searching high and low, I am unable to locate a source for the quote.

It looks like the quote first appeared on Facebook yet it is nowhere to be found on Mr. Freemans Facebook page. That tells me that like most of the internet, it's complete bullsh!t.

*

I spent an hour this afternoon out in Boston with my eldest offspring.

His car, my old car, the Deer Hunter, is beginning to experience it's age and there is something wrong with it. Since he is planning on leaving work at midnight on the 23rd and driving home, I didn't want him to take a chance that he might break down at 1:00am on the MassPike. I decided to go out with another car and swap with him.

We had some lunch at a barbecue joint he discovered a couple of months ago and it does me proud to find that my son is able to locate excellent barbecue. It was one of the best brisket sandwiches I've had in a long time.

Anyways, we chatted about guy crap while we ate and then I headed for home. I made it home with no issues and this Monday, I'll take the car over to the boys at Wilbraham Tire. They'll figure out what's wrong with it and that is when he gets to make a decision about what he wants to do - invest money into a car that is approaching 14 years old and has 100,000 miles on it or buy another car.

*

You can visit these links if you want:


No comments: