Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Time to make a hole in my wall.

I have this phobia about poking holes through plywood. When I poke a hole in drywall, I know that if I screw it up, I can patch it and it will look like I was never there. It is truly amazing what can be done with a can of spackle.

Plywood, however, is a different story. The only way to patch plywood and make it look seamless is to either replace the entire sheet or find a nice way to cover the seam with some type of molding.

The power inlet will consist of a circle cut through the porch wall into the garage. The porch wall is made of 3/4 inch "A/C" exterior grade plywood that has been painted. If I screw up the cut, I'll have to puy a sheet of 3/4 inch "AC" plywood which runs around $40.00.

I don't want to pay $40.00 for a screw up so I'm hoping my phobia will make me be extra careful and I'll do it right the first time.

*

Still no change in the budget situation. It looks like the administration and congress are working together to make me pay more taxes that will be used to pay for things I'm not really all that interested in.

Pardon me while I gaze fondly at my 401(k) balance, knowing that it will probably be crushed like a grape under the heal of a stock market crash while at the same time the amount of oney the government rips from my hands will increase drastically.

I wonder when they'll reopen the debtors prisons....

*

Todays links:


No comments: