Wednesday, January 30, 2013

I'm ready for the big blow.

According to the entertaining yet inaccurate weather people, we can epect 40-50 mph winds this evening. I don't know if I believe them but since I still haven't completed the hook-up for my generator, I'm a little concerned we might lose power.

The piece that needs to be completed is the power inlet on the porch. The power cable from the sub-panel has been pulled to the porch but I have yet to cut the opening fro the power inlet. I know, I know, I've been saying that I'm going to do that for the last few months. What can I say, it's cold and I'm a frail old man. I hate working in the cold.

So anyways, what I have now is a hole drilled through the wall into the porch that I've fed the cable through. Then I put a 30amp/250v (NEMA L14-30) plug on the cable. I can now plug the cable directly into the generator.

Hopefully we don't lose power but if we do, I'm ready. When you live in "Tornado Alley - New England Division", you've got to be prepared.

*

We have a new senator. His name is "Mo".

I'm not sure how we got him as our new senator because no one asked me if I wanted him or if I thought he would do a good job. Hell, no one has even bothered to tell me about him.

Actually, the more I think about it, I'm betting he can't be any worse than our previous senator, John "I'm rich! Filthy, Stinking, Rich!" Kerry. And who knows, maybe when he takes the senate floor for the first time, someone will yell out, "Hey Mo! Nyuck, nyuck, nyuck. Woo Woo Woo Woo..."

*

Here are some links:


No comments: