Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Kinda chilly this morning....

It was a bit cold this morning but not as cold as where my daughter is. This morning, the air temp was -8° (for those of you with bad eyesight, that is 8° below zero) and there was a twelve mph breeze. That put the windchill right around -27°.

That, my friends, is freakin' cold.

Fortunately for my daughter, her mother insisted on getting her high-quality outerwear. This means that while she probably looked like Randy, the little brother in A Christmas Story, she managed to survive the cold long enough to get across campus.

As for us down here, well let's just say that it was cold. Also, let me just say that when you own four cars, you have four times the car problems that everyone else has.

This morning, my wife announced that her car wouldn't start. That's not quite the way I wanted to start my morning but it is what it is and I drove her to work.

This afternoon, we had the battery replaced (it was 8 years old) by our mechanic but after they replaced it, the turn signals, the high beams and the dashboard lights wouldn't work.

As of this moment, her car is sitting at the mechanics where tomorrow morning they will diagnose the problem and hopefully fix it without it costing us thousands of dollars.

*

Here are a few links you might find interesting:


No comments: