Saturday, February 20, 2016

And I'm back...

As I said, the hard drive in my trusty old laptop decided to call it quits last Monday.

Fortunately, I had a duplicate hard drive available and I was able to instsall it and restore the laptop back to it's original configuration using the recovery process.

Unfortunately, I had scanned all of the pictures we found in my moms photo albums and never got around to backing them up. Also, I did my taxes and I never got around to backing those up either.

Fortunately, I have hard copies of both.

Unfortunately, I had to upgrade the OS from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and that took forever due to the huge number of updates that needed to be applied.

Fortunately, I let it run updates for several hours on Friday and now I once again have a functional, fully-supported operating system.

Unfortunately I have to reinstall Microsoft Office and my installation was on the old hard drive so I might not actually be able to reinstall it.

I live in both fortunate and unfortunate times....



Here's picture from March of 2008.


We were paying a lot for gasoline back then...


These are the links I've been collecting on my phone while I was living in a PC-free:

No comments: