Thursday, February 11, 2016

Just call me tech support.

I utilized one of Pats special tools to save some private data for a young lady who is being home schooled. The hard drive on her laptop died the other day and I was able to mount the drive on a different computer using a USB device and get all of her data transferred off.

Then I used a recovery disk sent by Dell to reinstall the OS. Problem is, the OS that Dell sent was Windows 8.1 and now they have to upgrade to Windows 10.

When I left, the OS was installing and the private data was safely sitting on two different devices, I talked to her grandfather this evening and he said the machine was working perfectly and he was going through the Windows 10 upgrade and then the reinstall of Microsoft Office.

When all is said and done, the young lady will once again be able to continue her studies and get int the college of her dreams.

*

Here are a few links that you might enjoy:

No comments: