Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Finally some good flying weather.

I managed to get an hour+ of flying today and it was great. A little bumpy with the wind but not terrible.

Today was stall recovery at 3,000', which is both fun and terrifying. After that, I did some ground reference tracking which is where I pick an object on the ground & circle it for a while and finally practicing 'S' curves over a straight line. In our case, the straight line was Interstate 91 near the Yankee Candle Factory in Deerfield. I'm betting that made a lot of the drivers on I-91 think we were the State Police running a aerial speed trap.

This was my aircraft today.
I would like you to notice that I managed to park it right on the "T".

I love this and I'm a little pissed that I waited this long to do it. I should have done this 40 years ago.

*

My resume' is almost ready. I'm not sure how it's going to be received but it's my best shot at representing myself to potential employers.

It's been 30 years since I set out to find a job and, to be honest with you, I'm not sure what I want to do for the rest of my working life.

I spent 30 years in a cubicle-filled corporate environment and I'm not really looking forward to getting back into that. The problem is, it's really the only thing I know. Prior to this, I was working as a campus police officer.

My current plan is to post the resume online and send it off to some head-hunters to see what comes of it. In the meantime, I'm going to meet with some folks whose opinions I respect and get some advice from them.

I'm not looking for a "life-coach", just a little guidance on some ideas I have about what I might want to accomplish over the next 10 years or so.

*

Here are a few links:

No comments: