Sunday, March 13, 2016

Nice lazy day.

My wife and daughter spent the day at the outlets in Lee and I watched the Red Sox get their ass handed to them by the Rays.

It would have been a better day if the Red Sox hadn't lost so badly but it was still a nice day.

*

I won't be flying this week because I have some things I need to do but next week I'll be back at it, trying my best to relax enough to apply my knowledge.

Simply put, I know how to fly a plane. I get the whole air speed vs. lift vs. drag thing. I understand laminar flow, center of gravity and rate of descent/ascent. I know the difference between pitch and yaw. I know what all the controls do and how to use them.

My problem is my confidence. It's like learning to drive all over again. I'm too focused on the instruments and not on the world around me. I'm tense and I tend to over-compensate.

The only way to overcome those issue is to continuously fly.

And that is what I intend on doing. I want to fly at least once a week, possibly twice. If I can get two lessons in per week, I should be comfortable within the next two months.

Then it'll be time to solo.

*

So now that the ladies are home, I'm gonna finish this up and try to get some sleep. The "spring ahead" thing tends to mess with my already screwy sleep habits.

While I do that, you can click on these:

No comments: