Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Lunch with friends

I'm finding that I have things to do and one of them is catching up with people that I haven't seen for a while. Today was lunch with two old guys and one young lady that I haven't seen in several months. They said that now that I'm a fellow retiree (I'm not, trust me), I need to learn to drive slowly, eat lunch & dinner early and complain about things that don't matter.

I told them I had the complaining thing down to a science and I usually go to dinner early but the driving slow thing was a pain in the ass and I wasn't going to do it.

*

No flying today but I did manage to start cleaning the basement.

My wife has been looking at a major mess down there for years and I figure it's time for me to make her happy by cleaning things up, putting tools where they belong, throwing the scrap and crap away and vacuuming all the sawdust/metal shaving/screws/nails up off the floor.

I'm kind of a slob but she loves me anyways.

*

Yes Pat, I know I'm supposed to call you. My phone has been going non-stop for the last few days.

Trust me, I will be in touch with you after I calm down a bit and things settle out.

*

Here are a few links:

No comments: