Monday, February 4, 2019

Nine days until Pitchers and Catchers

Red Sox pitchers and catchers report to the spring training facility in Fort Meyers on February 13th. Five days later, the rest of the players are scheduled to report.

The reality is that almost every player reports on the 13th or the 14th and starts working out. It's on the 18th that the regimen begins and the team structured workouts begin in earnest.

Then, on the 22nd, they play there first "game" against the Northeastern Huskies. This is their traditional first scrimmage and NESN usually carries it. You can bet I'll DVR it so I can watch it in the evening.

Until then, I have nothing but DVRs to watch.


Speaking of the SuperB owl, The Detroit Free Press wanted the world to know that the Lions are undefeated in the 53 SuperB owls.

Also, the people in New Orleans are not happy.

All that aside and despite the low scoring, the game was a good game to watch. Both coaches were able to use their defensive lines to control the game and the offensive lines were stellar at protecting their quarterbacks.

It certainly kept my attention right up until the final down.

Then I immediately went to bed because I could care less about all the talking heads asking the players and coaches a bunch of meaningless questions.

As for the commercials, there were a few good ones. I particularly enjoyed the one for the NFL's 100th Anniversary. It made me laugh.


Here are some links you might enjoy:

No comments: