Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Half day off

The school shut down at noon today and sent us all home.

Have I mentioned that I like this job?


I did not clear my driveway today. I'm waiting until tomorrow morning when this is all supposed to be done.

My snowblower, The Beast, has never let me down and I'm really hoping tomorrow isn't the day it decides to fail me.

Every season, I clean its air filter, replace its fuel filter, change its oil and lubricate its joints so I'm not concerned it will fail because of abuse. I'm concerned it will fail because that four inches of snow followed by sleet and freezing rain might be too much for it to handle.

I guess I'll know tomorrow morning.


Tomorrow is the date that pitchers and catchers are supposed to report to the Red Sox spring training facility. Fortunately, all the sports reporters from NESN, WEEI, The Globe, The Republican and The Herald are all down there now, making bad videos an d taking bad pictures of what looks like the entire team working out.

I guess they are all raring to go.


Here are a few links you can contemplate while I watch bad television and contemplate the start of spring training:

No comments: