Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Damn shame

A B-17 crashed at Bradley this morning, killing at least 7, possibly more.

I listened to the ATC transmissions between Bradley & the aircraft and and it appears that right after taking off, the plane made a right turn towards the east. Then they called Bradley and reported that they had just lost their number four engine. They said they needed to return to the field.

ATC cleared the airport and and the airplane entered a right downwind that paralleled the runway, obviously attempting to turn and land on the runway.

They never made it.

It looks like they came down in the run-up area at the end of the runway and slid into the de-icing / fuel area.

The thing that makes me pause is that when I heard the warbirds were going to be at Bradley giving rides, I wanted to go down and take a flight on that aircraft. Then I learned that they charged $400.00 for a 20 minute flight.

$20.00 a minute for a plane ride seemed a bit steep so I decided against it.

I can't help but wonder if maybe my mother was right when she used to look at me, shake her head and say, "You have a very, very busy guardian angel."


Chrome is pissing me off.

It has a built in spell-checker that is constantly marking correctly spelled words as misspelled. For instance, in one of the sentences above, it present the word "were" as spelled incorrectly:


I'm pretty sure that is how you spell the word "were". I'm also pretty sure I've used the word in the correct context.

This constant marking is causing me to overlook words that I do actually misspell so I'm going to use that as my excuse to you for all the crappy spelling you see in my writings.


For the record, I'm never going to be able to retire:

What worries me is that todays decline was not set into motion by some moron tweeting bullshit about how he's going to do such-and-such to so-and-so. No sir, that 500 point drop was because of, well, nothing really. Investors just decided to up and sell their shit I guess.


I'm going to go get some food, watch some news and maybe watch a some of the AL wild card game. The Athletics are hosting the Rays and I really hope the Athletics win.

I don't like the Rays. Never have liked them. I think it has something to do with that dingbat Joe Maddon who was their manager for a lot of years. I didn't like him.

Enjoy these links:

No comments: