Monday, October 7, 2019

We have a new boss

The President of the college I work at recently announced she was retiring and as a result, they are going through their first reorg in 20 years. This is terrifying most of the folks I work with.

Man, when I worked in the corporate world, we went through two or three reorgs a year and we went through bosses like shit through a goose. When the VP of my area said we were now reporting a new VP, everyone in the room kind of gasped. I, however, checked my phone.

To me, this is not a big deal. In two weeks, we will know how much things are going to change and how they are going to change. Until then, there is nothing to worry about.

As I often say, you don't know what you don't know so don't go making stuff up. Reality is rarely as bad as you think it will be. Besides, I know this new VP and she is a decent person. She is also pretty darned smart. This will more than likely turn out to be a good thing.


Well, the Rays managed to avoid being eliminated today by beating the Astros. The Astros lead the best of 5 series 2-1 and they need one more win to move on to the ALCS. I really thought it was going to happen today but the Rays had other plans.

Oh well, maybe tomorrow.

I'm going to watch a bit of tonights Yankees/Twins game. The Twins face elimination tonight since the Yankees lead the best of 5 series 2-0. Since I'm kind of rooting for the Yankees, that would make me happy.

I will have to figure out who to root for if the Yankees and the Astros end up facing each other in the ALCS. I like both teams.


Check these out:

No comments: