Saturday, February 29, 2020

The back yard work is done

My wife spent several hours on her hands and knees cutting all the old, dead bushes out of the side garden and then pulling all the leaves out from under her plot of pachysandra.

I helped her for a while but my back doesn't like to spend any more than an hour or two raking leaves and cutting branches.

So anyways, she is happy with the way things look and once we no longer have a dog, I'll roto-till the backyard and plant some grass back there. Who knows, maybe one day we'll actually have a backyard.


The Bruins won again this afternoon, giving them an 8 point lead over the Blues. The Blues are playing at 8:00 tonight and if they win, the Bruins will still hold a 6 point lead.

As for the Red Sox, they lost to the Yankees today. It was a pretty good game and they almost pulled it off but it's spring training and it's not a matter of winning, it's a matter of finding out what everyone can do and then putting together the best team possible.

Hopefully they put the best team together and actually play well.

And speaking of the Red Sox, my buddy Walt is down there filling me in what the new players are like and how the team is doing. He is absolutely a huge Red Sox fan so I have to take what he says with a grain of salt.

He thinks everyone is great. I just have to read between the lines and find out which ones he thinks are the best.


You can visit these while I watch some Gold Rush's:

No comments: