Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Time for some renewals

I realized today, as I was filling out a license renewal form, that I have a lot of licenses & certificates and they all require some sort of periodic renewal.
  • I have a license to drive a car that expires every five years and that was renewed last year
  • I have a license to fly and while that has no expiration date, my medical certificate expires every two years. I have to renew that this year.
  • I have a license that allows me to exercise my 2nd amendment rights that expires every 5 years. That is up for renewal this year.
  • I have a certificate that grants me entry into FBI data presentations and that has to be renewed every year. They review my background every year for that one.
  • I have a certificate that allows me entry into DHS data presentations and, just like the FBI, they also like to poke around in my folder every year.
The bottom line is I have to pay attention to these things so I don't let one lapse. That could turn out to be a very bad thing. I have all of those for a reason and if one goes away, my life as I know it goes haywire and I have to jump through some interesting hoops to get it back.

I'm too old to jump through hoops.

Or anything else for that matter.

⧫

New Hampshire is holding its primaries today so I sent my youngest a text this morning telling him to not forget to vote. His reply was, "Oh don’t worry I’m voting! I even volunteered at the campus pool shuttle for a bit today!"

I am, as always, the proud dad.

⧫

I'm going to watch some bad television and fall asleep early.

You can click on these:

No comments: