Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Time for some renewals

I realized today, as I was filling out a license renewal form, that I have a lot of licenses & certificates and they all require some sort of periodic renewal.
  • I have a license to drive a car that expires every five years and that was renewed last year
  • I have a license to fly and while that has no expiration date, my medical certificate expires every two years. I have to renew that this year.
  • I have a license that allows me to exercise my 2nd amendment rights that expires every 5 years. That is up for renewal this year.
  • I have a certificate that grants me entry into FBI data presentations and that has to be renewed every year. They review my background every year for that one.
  • I have a certificate that allows me entry into DHS data presentations and, just like the FBI, they also like to poke around in my folder every year.
The bottom line is I have to pay attention to these things so I don't let one lapse. That could turn out to be a very bad thing. I have all of those for a reason and if one goes away, my life as I know it goes haywire and I have to jump through some interesting hoops to get it back.

I'm too old to jump through hoops.

Or anything else for that matter.


New Hampshire is holding its primaries today so I sent my youngest a text this morning telling him to not forget to vote. His reply was, "Oh don’t worry I’m voting! I even volunteered at the campus pool shuttle for a bit today!"

I am, as always, the proud dad.


I'm going to watch some bad television and fall asleep early.

You can click on these:

No comments: