Friday, November 3, 2023

Another win

Turns out that while I wasn't able to watch the Bruins play hockey last night, I was able to stream the radio coverage of their game. That means I was able to listen to the Bruins almost blow the game.

They went up 2-0 in the second period and then proceeded to give up two goals to the Maple Leafs. The game remained tied 2-2 through the third period and the overtime period.

They finally won it when both DeBrusk and Coyle scored during the shootout.

Their next game is tomorrow against the Red Wings and this time it will be on my television.


I did get to watch some of the Titans / Steelers game last night. It was streamed on Amazon Prime and I have that. I hate watching things on my laptop but at least I could watch it.

It looked like the Steelers were going to lose and they were losing when I went to bed. So imagine my surprise when I woke up this morning to find that the Steelers had beat the Titans 20-16.

Now if only the Patriots can beat the Commanders this Sunday, things will be good.


I think my problem with the current state of the Red Sox is best summed up in this one statement from Sam Kennedy, President and CEO of the Red Sox:
Breslow is the one responsible for building the team. He is responsible for baseball being played at it's highest level. He is responsible for everything that happens in the organization known as "The Red Sox".

Is Kennedy saying that ownership has decided that the sport of baseball as just a "department" within the Red Sox organization?

I'm sorry but baseball is not a department, it's the whole organization. It's the only reason the Red Sox exist. It is not some subset of a company that has other things to focus on, it is the only focus of the organization.


Time to shut this down and watch some bad television.

Here are some links:


No comments: