Friday, November 24, 2023

Happy Black Friday

We did not go to the store because we were looking for deals.

We went to the store because we needed to get food.

It was not crowded at all.


The Bruins defeated the Panthers on Wednesday, beating them 3-1.

They played the Red Wings this afternoon at 1:00 and they managed to play like crap, losing 5-2. Once again, too many penalties. At one point, the Red Wings had a minute of 5 on 3 play. It's tough to win hockey games when you are playing with less men.

Swayman stopped 24 of 28 shots. The fifth goal against the Bruins was on an empty net in the last minute of the third periood.

A quick check of the standings show they are still one point ahead of the Golden Knights, in first place in the NHL.

Yes, I know it's awful early in the season to talk about the standings but keep in mind that I am of the thinking that it's easier to maintain a lead than it is to come from behind. That is why I believe standings are important throughout the entire season.

Tomorrow they will be in New York City where they play the Rangers. Puck drops at 1:00.


They are starting to speculate about the car that crashed and exploded at the border the other day and it looks like this might have been some kind of mechanical issue with the car.

Apparently the car was an older model Bentley which, if I understand it, is a pretty expensive car. Since I'm not a car guy, I have no idea what a Bentley costs but it looks to me like maybe I will not be buying one.

I try to avoid owning cars that can suddenly decide to kill you...


Here are some links:

No comments: