Monday, February 25, 2013

Let the finger pointing continue!!!

Here's a thought: Am I the only one that thinks the word sequestration sounds an awful lot like castration?

So the federal government is once again locked in the throes of a ideological battle between the republicans and the democrats and before I get too deeply into smearing them both with the bullshit they seem to like to throw around, I would like to point out that they were once the same party.

Now that we are all in agreement that it doesn't matter what party is doing the talking.

But that's not what I came here to tell you. I came here to tell you that the total budget cuts that will come about because of the so-called sequestration is $85,000,000,000.00. That's 85 billion dollars. Out of a budget of $3,700,000,000,000.00. That's 3.7 trillion dollars or 3700 billion dollars.

If you do the math, you will find that 85 billion is about 2 percent of 3700 billion.

I find it kind of interesting that the Obama administration thinks that the 2 percent of the federal government we don't need is the made up mainly of the Food and Drug Administration.

I guess they can't possibly cut anything from the 3 percent of the federal budget that is labeled as "discretionary spending"...

*

Here are some links you might like to click on:


No comments: