Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Year after year.

Every year, the Red Sox run a raffle. They raffle off the opportunity to purchase particular seats at Fenway during the season. The first raffle was to have the opportunity to purchase opening day seats. The second raffle was to have the opportunity to purchase Green Monster seats and the third raffle is to purchase Right Deck Roof Top seats.

I enter these raffles every year because, hey, if I can buy tickets to a game without taking out a second mortgage, it's worth it.

So anyways, once again, I didn't win.

But that's not what I'm writing about. What I'm writing about is this line from the email they sent me:
    "Unfortunately your entry was not selected for this ticket purchase opportunity."
Think about that for a minute.

This is a business that is doing so well, they can raffle off the right to buy something from them. That would be like General Motors raffling off the right to buy a car from them.

That's a hell of a business model....

*

Here are some links:


No comments: