Thursday, July 9, 2015

My laptop died

Well, not MY laptop, the one I bought and use to update this fantastic spewage. It was my laptop at work, the one the company bought for me to use.

When I got to work this morning, I set my laptop into the docking station and started it up. It ran for a minute and then popped up a message that said, "You are logged on with the default profile" which is another way of saying, "I have no idea who you are so I'm going to act like I care but not really..."

I took it over to the kids that do our PC work and in their usual pleasant and helpful manner, they told me I was screwed. Then they told me they were going to pass the machine on to another kid who knows a lot about this stuff.

So my laptop was placed into the black hole known as PC repair and I went to my desk and mourned it's loss.

Then I got a call from my main man in PC repair and he said, "The hard drive is dying but we're going to install a new one and copy everything we can off the old one. I'll have it for you around 4:00 this afternoon."

And sure as shit, he was at my desk at 3:30. We booted it up and he asked me what was missing. I identified the few missing items and he was able to go find them. Due to their size, it took almost an hour for them to copy over so he missed his 4:00pm promise.

At 4:30, it was done and I was once the proud possessor of a functional work-based laptop.

Then I went home.

*

You can click on these links:

No comments: