Wednesday, February 15, 2017

And the games continue

I got a phone call the other day from a friend I used to work with. He asked me if I had some time to chat about his job and his feeling of impending doom.

We sat down and talked about what was going on and how he believed he was about to be let go. He is terrified because he is a young man with young children and a wife who does not work full time. In his case, if he loses his job, he not only loses his income, he also loses his health insurance.

The more people I talk to about my old employer the more I see the lack of humanity the current leadership over there has. I feel bad for the people that are working there because most of them go to work every day wondering if this is the day they are going to get canned.

Not a good way to feel about your livelihood.


NESN is carrying a half hour of Red Sox spring training each day. It's not much but it's baseball.

I like it and it makes me happy.


Here are some links you an enjoy:

No comments: