Monday, February 6, 2017

Holy Crap!

I traded texts with several folks last night and a few of the decided that they couldn't watch anymore. They said they were calling it quits and going to bed.

Those people were foolish...

When that game started, no one, and I mean no one, imagined that four hours later, we would be seeing the first overtime period ever played in a SuperB owl.

No one imagined that we would watch a 39 year old quarterback drag his team back from a 19 point deficit in the fourth quarter by leading them downfield like Patton led the Seventh Army across Sicily.

No one imaged that we would hear Joe I'm a freaking idiot! Buck call Danny Amendola "Juliette Amendola".

No one imaged that we would see Roger Goodell run like a frightened little rabbit off the stage once he had handed the trophy to Robert Kraft.

We all imagined that the Patriots would win but none of us imagined it would happen the way it happened.

And for the record, the best commercial of the night contained the line, "Roger that!"


So now that football season is over with, I get to look forward to baseball season. In 20 days, at 1:00pm, NESN will broadcast a spring training game between the Red Sox and the Twins.

I know it's only a spring training game but it's baseball and I hope to be watching it.


I'm thinking stuffed portabella's sounds good for dinner.

While I make those, you should enjoy these:

No comments: