Friday, February 3, 2017

He is afraid of the washing machine

Over the last few months, I've noticed that The Dog seems to have developed a fear of the washing machine.

Keep in mind that this washing machine is one of those fancy-shmancy high-efficient models and it seems to make a lot of interesting clicks, whirs and buzzes while it is sizing up the load and determining the right amount of water. It also seems to make some weird noises when it is autobalancing during the spin cycle.

I can only imagine what a dog, who has no concept of machinery, is thinking while all those alien noises are filtering out of the laundry room.

Still, it's not like he's never heard them before. It's just that lately, he gets very tense, his tail goes between his legs and he pins his ears back. Then he starts slinking around the house, staring in the direction of the laundry, until I invite him up on the couch with me. That's when he curls up with half of his 100 pound bulk in my lap, rests his head on my belly and proceeds to take a nice little nap.

He's getting old and I guess things bother him more than they used to.

And for the record, it bothers me that he is getting old.


It's taco Friday here at The Daily News© World Headquarters so while I'm browning hamburger and chopping lettuce, you can enjoy these links:

No comments: