Sunday, July 16, 2017

Terrible loss last night and then again this afternoon

After 16 innings of play, the Red Sox bats let the Yankees win last night.

Today's first game in the double header was also a loss when once again, the Red Sox couldn't get to home plate but at least the game didn't last 6 hours.

The second game is at 8:00 and after more than 6 hours of play last night plus another 3 hours this afternoon, they are all going to be pretty burned out tonight.

Hopefully the Red Sox win tonight and split the series with the Yankees because with a four game winning streak, the Rays are sneaking up on them with the Red Sox only two games ahead of them in the ALEast.


As for me, I didn't watch the first game because I was flying.

I went up at 2:00 and did four full stop landings. The pattern was pretty full and we were all landing/taking off on runway 14 which had a slight tailwind. Seems that my time spent with my instructor three weeks ago was well spent because even though I was landing with a tailwind, my landings were spot on and I felt pretty good about things.

I think my flying time for the next few months is going to involve only pattern work so that I can build my skill and confidence back up.

Now that I'm working, I'm only flying on weekends so I'm kind of limited and to be honest with you, flying in a straight line seems like a waste of time unless I have a destination in mind.


I'm going to toss some burgers on the grill and then settle in to watch tonights ball game.

While I do that, you can visit these:

No comments: