Sunday, October 22, 2017

Electricity is a fickle mistress

We lost power around 1:00 this afternoon but fortunately for us I have a generator and several gallons of gasoline.

The big problem for me is we also lost cable. That means no football games or cooking shows. It also means I'm forced to access the internet via my cell phone's hotspot. I can only imagine what that is going to do to my data usage this month...

National Grid claimed that our power would be restored sometime around 6:30 or 7:00 and it turns out they lied. It was restored around 5:40.

Good job National Grid.


Well, the Astros beat the Yankees last night and I managed to stay awake for the entire game.

The Astros will be playing the Dodgers in the World Series and the first game of the best of seven series will be played in Los Angeles on Tuesday at 8:00.

I'll watch some of it but since it is being carried by Fox, Joe Buck will probably be the announcer.

I can't stand Joe Buck. He's a turd.

In other baseball news, it looks like Alex Cora will be the newest manager of the Boston Red Sox.

He's not in Boston yet because he's a bit busy right now seeing as he's the bench coach for the Astros and they're still playing baseball. Hopefully they win the World Series and he shows up in Boston with a World Series winning attitude.


You can visit these links while I spend my evening watching bad television:

No comments: