Monday, October 30, 2017

My neighbors got hit hard.

We had a major wind storm hit our area last night. The dog was pacing back and forth because of the wind and rain and we lost power around midnight. Right around 1:00, I heard a loud crash but I couldn't see what caused it.

This morning when I was leaving for work I noticed that my neighbors were in a world of hurt. Seems that the loud crash I heard was caused by a 75 foot oak tree falling over and crashing through the roof of their family room.

Fortunately they were all upstairs in bed and not sitting in their family room when the tree came through.

Unfortunately, it looks bad. Personally, I think that side of the house is uninhabitable. The rafters are smashed, the roof itself is gone and I'd bet the joists and ceiling are also destroyed.


Since my dog and the crashing tree kept me awake most of the night, I'm freaking tired.

There is no baseball or football tonight so I'll be falling asleep soon. You can click on these if you want:

No comments: