Monday, October 23, 2017

Foggy night for football.

I only watched the first half of last nights game because, well, I'm old and I fall asleep early.

The fog started rolling into Gillette just about 5 minutes before the half and it was looking a little eerie. I understand that at one point, the distant sideline cameras were basically written off and only the flying overhead camera was used. It must have been weird to watch a game from that angle.


I've been judiciously ignoring the recent spat between John McCain and Donald Trump because, to be honest with you, I think our President was a real asshole when he disrespected John McCain, and all POWs, during the campaign and I didn't feel like digging out that cesspool. But I guess neither Trump or McCain can keep their mouths shut so here we go...

I'm not a fan of Crazy Donald. I think he, like most CEO's, displays psychopathic tendencies. He treats people like they don't matter, he disrupts the norm and he refuses to accept that he might be wrong. Those are all traits displayed by psychopaths. I didn't vote for him in 2016 and so far, he's done nothing to make me want to vote for him in 2020.

I'm not a fan of Senator McCain but I certainly respect him. While I look at him as a lifelong politician who fails to understand what it's like to be middle-class American, I also look at him a hero in a war that no one wanted. When he returned home from that war, he could have crawled into a bottle but he didn't. He devoted himself to a life of public service and as far as I'm concerned, that is a far better thing than running your own company and making yourself a millionaire on the backs of others.


You can click on these if you want:

No comments: