Wednesday, April 18, 2018

So much for the highly praised phenom from Japan

Mookie Betts is the Red Sox lead-off batter. This meant he was the first one to face Shohei Ohtani last night. It took only seven pitches for young Mr. Betts to figure out that young Mr. Ohtani is just another pitcher and he crushed a 3-2 pitch over the center field wall.

This was how last nights ball game started and, from what I understand (I fell asleep), it continued that way throughout the game with the Red Sox beating the Angels 10-1.

They are playing some pretty damned good baseball right now and this is a good thing because at some point, they will slump. Building a big lead in the standings now will hopefully give them the buffer they need when that slump happens.

Also, it's fun to watch them when they are playing this well. Even if I only get to watch two or three innings before I fall asleep.


So I watched baseball last night and fell asleep around 10:45. Then I woke up at 11:45 and went to bed but I couldn't fall back to sleep. That means I'm tired and I doubt I'll be awake to see any baseball tonight.

Hopefully they do well without my undivided attention.

Here are some links:

No comments: