Sunday, April 22, 2018

They lost in style

Not only did the Red Sox lose last night, they got no-hit.

I watched that game and I was amazed at how good the Athletics pitcher was pitching and at how poorly the Red Sox batters were hitting. Add to that the fact that Sale had a very rare bad day and you get a no-hitter.

They lost again today but not in style.

The Athletics got a run in the first and the game stayed 0-1 until the seventh when the Red Sox finally got a run and tied the game.

Unfortunately, the Athletics had other ideas and they hit a 3 run homer in the eighth to take 4-1 lead.

And that, my friends, is how the game ended.

Oh well, they still have the best record in the league and I still think they will perform far better than anyone else over the course of the season.


We continue the process of cleaning my mother-in-law house out and getting ready to put it on the market. Yesterday was all the rugs and several pieces of old furniture.

As a result of all that rolling, pushing, lifting and hauling, my hands hurt, my back hurts and my legs hurt.

We are close to completion and just about ready to get the dumpster. After that, my wife will find a realtor and we will put it in their hands. Hopefully it will be in someone else's hands come June or July.

The one thing that I have learned over the last several months is that I do not want my children to go through this. We're starting the process of throwing things away at our house so that come time for us to move on, all our kids will hopefully need to do is visit us once in a while.


You can click on these if like:

No comments: