Wednesday, April 11, 2018

They handed the Yankees an ass kicking.

The Red Sox managed to stomp the crap out of the New York Aaron Judges starring Giancarlo Stanton last night and I managed to watch the entire game.

The final score was 14-1 and the only time I spoke to my coaching television was when Martinez stepped up to the plate. I reminded him it was just a game and he should relax and have fun.

This afternoon I checked ESPN to see what they had to say about the Red Sox beating the Yankees.

These were the headlines:

Just a passing mention of the score while praising Judge and Stanton, no mention of the fact that the Yankees are currently below .500, no mention of the fact that Stanton has a batting average of .196, no mention of the fact that the Red Sox have the best record in the American League, no mention of Mookie Betts hitting a grand slam.

I wonder how much the Yankees pay ESPN for this kind of coverage....


I'm going to be paying attention to the game again tonight but unless it's a close game, I probably won't stay awake to see all of it. Last night's game ended past 10:30 and that, as we all know, is past my bedtime.

While I watch baseball, you can visit these links:

No comments: