Tuesday, April 17, 2018

There is baseball tonight

I decided to take tomorrow off because is supposed to be a nice day and I want to get some outdoor work done. Mainly I want to replace several screens on my porch and finish painting the dog door I built for the Small Emergency Backup Dog.

I also want to maybe stay awake a little later this evening so I can watch a few inning of the 10:00pm ball game. Price is pitching and I want to see at least two innings. He's one of those guys that if he's going to pitch well, he'll pitch well right at the very start. If he's going to suck, he'll suck in the first inning.

I'm hoping that he's going to pitch well but I won't be surprised if he sucks. His last start lasted only an inning because he had some kind of "sensation in the left hand" (his words, not mine) so I figure he's already started making excuses for what could be another crappy season.

We'll see how things go.


Harry Anderson died today. He was a very funny guy and he made my life a little more enjoyable.

I met him once when I was working at WNEC. He did a show there and since I was the CPD shift supervisor, I assigned myself to the back stage. He was a genuinely nice guy who joked around with me for a while and we had a good time. As he was getting ready to start his show, he asked me for the name of a nearby town that had a crappy reputation.

I told him Palmer.

He stepped out on to stage and said, "Wow. So this is Springfield, the gateway to Palmer."

He got a big laugh from that so I figure that makes me a contributor to his act.


While I struggle to stay awake, you can click on these links.

Who knows, you might find something of interest:

No comments: