Friday, June 29, 2018

And so it begins

The Red Sox are in New York to play a three game series against the Yankees.

They currently have a one game lead in the ALEast and if they can take 2 out of 3 from the Yankees, they will leave New York with two game lead.

The best thing would be for them to sweep the Yankees and leave New York with a four game lead.

Unfortunately, as I type this the score is 1-0 Yankees in the second so it's not a good start for the Red Sox.

Either way, you can bet I'll be watching all three games.


I ended up at Johns restaurant/bar today because he was having a problem with his WiFi. Seems the patrons on the outdoor deck couldn't get a signal because the WiFi router was on the other side of the building in the basement.

Fortunately for John, his primary router was a Netgear and I happened to have an old Netgear router sitting in a box in my basement.

Netgear is one of those companies that recognized the need to extend the WiFi signal in an nice way and provided a method to turn a WiFi router into a WiFi access point that acts as an extension of the primary WiFi router.

I turned my old Netgear into an access point, set it's name and password, plugged it into the existing network and presto, he had a drastically improved wireless network in all areas of his bar.


While I watch this game, you should find a way to stay cool and click on these links:

No comments: