Monday, June 25, 2018

No, I didn't forget

I spent some time this evening installing new burners and anti-flare tents on my gas grill.

The grill is not terribly old but it does get a lot of use. As a result, the innards have burned/rusted out in some spots and it was time to repair/replace.

I was originally going to try and find OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) parts from Sears (It's a Kenmore grill) but man, I found out pretty quick that there's a reason those guys are going out of business.

To replace all of the parts I need to replace, it was going to cost me in excess of $200.

I can buy a new grill for $300.

Fortunately, my Amazon Kung Fu is strong and I was able to find replacement parts from various sellers for around $90.00. After you subtract the $30.00 in Amazon points we have accrued over the last few months, I got everything I needed for $60.00.

I'm still waiting on the cooking grates to arrive but the burners and the anti-flare tents are in and working like a brand new grill.


No Red Sox tonight so I'm watching the Yankees - Phillies game on MLB.

If the Yankees lose, the Red Sox will be in first place. If the Yankees win, they will be in first place.

I'm hoping they lose.


You can visit these if you would like:

No comments: