Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Another busy day

Yesterday afternoon, my youngest son drove down from Keene NH and together, we drove out to Framingham to hook up with my eldest. The plan was for the three of us to head into Boston where we would attend a Red Sox game at 7:00 using the tickets I had won this winter.

Unfortunately, the weather had different plans and the game was postponed to today at 1:00. We did, however, enjoy a nice dinner and a lengthy conversation about things in general.

Neither one of my boys could take today off and I had already made arrangements to go flying at 1:00 this afternoon so our plans for seeing the Red Sox fell through completely.

Turns out they lost anyways.


It was a fantastic day to fly.

I didn't go anywhere, I just did take-offs and landings in the pattern. The wind was a 3 or 4 knot direct crosswind so I got to practice my crosswind landings without getting my ass kicked. There was a little bumpiness from the sun heating the roads and causing thermals but nothing uncomfortable.

I managed to get in 10 landings - 5 full stop landings and 5 touch & go's. Some of them were smooth as glass, others were a little harsh but all of them were successful.

I love flying. It's the coolest thing you can do in direct defiance of gravity.

Oh, and before I forget, the Northampton Airport is on the Connecticut River and I can tell you that the river is definitely at flood stage. Flying around and looking down reveals there are a lot of new "ponds" where the river overran its banks or water simply just pooled from all the rain.

On the upside, my lawn looks freakin' great!


Enjoy these links while I watch game two of todays double header:

No comments: