Friday, December 27, 2019

There is hockey tonight

When I was younger, I never spent a lot of time watching sports.

I played sports all the time but other than baseball, not in any organized fashion. It was always neighborhood pickup games of hockey, baseball or football. I played organized baseball with the parochial schools when I was a little kid but once we moved into Wilbraham, I stopped the organized stuff because the neighborhood stuff was more fun, we could play it on our own schedule and we didn't have adults telling us how to play a game.

As I've gotten older, I find that there is very little on television that appeals to me anymore so I have gravitated to watching the sports I used to play as a kid. I find it way more interesting to watch someone shoot a puck at 100mph into an opening about the size of a dinner plate than I do watching someone try to get a date or win a singing competition or decorate a house or whatever else they are running on reality television.

Also, since I managed to break both my arms, several of my fingers, my nose and a few toes playing sports over the years, I find it a lot less painful to watch than to play. I'm old and I don't heal like I did when I was a kid.


Here are some links to entertain you:

No comments: