Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Guess who made it to midnight last night!

I don't know how I did it but I watched the ball drop at midnight last night alongside my wife and daughter. Then I looked at the two of them and said, "Goodnight ladies. I'm going to bed." They asked if I wanted to stay up and watch somebody called Jonas Brothers, who I'm guessing is related to Dr. Joyce Brothers, but I said no thank you.

I was asleep in bed a few minutes later.

Hey, what can I tell you, my party days are behind me. As I said to John yesterday, "My idea of a party is stopping at Tommy's at 5:00, having 3 beers with the boys, getting home by 7:00 and asleep in bed by 9:00."


So, here are a few New Years thoughts for you:
    It's 2020. Try not to write or type 2019 when you put the date on something. Hell, try not to write the date at all. We've got computer programs like Word that automatically put the date on anything you are typing. Use them.

    You know that saying a lot of fitness clubs like to use, "A New Year, a New You!" Well screw them. Maybe there is nothing wrong with the old you. Maybe we all like you the way you are. Maybe you shouldn't spend a lot of time stressing yourself out trying to be a new you. It's okay to be the old you.

    If you failed to resolve last years "New Years Resolution", allow me to remind you that I am successful at resolving my resolutions every year because every year I resolve is to never make any resolutions. You should try it.

    During 2019, I discovered that if you feed your dog grain-free dog food, he won't fart as much. It kinda pisses me off that we spent the past eleven freakin' years living with a dog that had nuclear farts and all we had to do to fix that was stop giving him food with grain in it.
That's all I have for New Years thoughts right now. I assume that at some point in the coming year, I'll have more thoughts for you but they won't be New Years thoughts.


There was some good hockey news yesterday: both the Capitals and the Blues lost.

This means that since the Bruins tied the Devils in regulation, they picked up one point in the standings. They are now tied for second with the Devils and are only one point behind the Capitals.

They still need to go on a winning streak if they want to capture first place. The season is at the halfway point and there is still a lot of hockey left to be played but staying on top is easier than climbing up there.


Take these links and click them:

No comments: