Monday, January 6, 2020

Took another day off

The Dog, who is elderly and declining faster than I like, had some major issues last night.

Basically, I was awoken at 2:00 this morning to the sounds of what I thought was a fight between two elephants in my living room. I ran downstairs to find The Dog with no use of his back-end, laying spread eagle on the floor.

Did I mention that he had an accident? Apparently the use of his back legs wasn't the only part of his back-end he did not have control over....

So I spent the next two hours carrying him outside, cleaning the living room floor, carrying him upstairs and giving him a bath, carrying him back downstairs and laying him in his bed, taking my clothes outside to hose them off and then taking a shower.

Then, since he was a panting, nervous wreck, I grabbed a pillow off my bed and went down to sleep on the couch so he had me near him.

At some point in there, I sent my boss an email saying, "I won't be in today. See you tomorrow."

As of this morning, he has regained some use of his legs and is able, with some effort, to get himself outside when the need arises. The rest of the time he spends laying on his bed, snoring.

I'm really hoping tonight goes a lot better.


Here are some links:

No comments: