Sunday, February 25, 2024

Another OT loss

The Bruins had the lead through all three periods, right up until the end of the third when the Canucks tied the game, forcing a sudden death OT.

That was when the Bruins lost.

Again.

They really have a thing about giving up leads and ending up in a regulation tie. I'm of the opinion that they need to figure out how to overcome that thing.

As of this morning, they are back in third place in points in the NHL. Technically, they are in second place in win/loss percentages but since the NHL uses a point system (which I like better than win/loss percentage), they are in third.

They face-off against the Kraken tomorrow but since the game is on at 10:00pm, I won't be watching it.


In the world of politics, Haley got trounced by Trump in her home state and I have a suspicion that she will be dropping out of the race in the very near future, if she hasn't dropped out already by the time I post this.

She seems like a decent person and I would vote for her over Goofy Joe. Her problem is that Trump owns the current version of the republican party so she doesn't stand a chance in beating him for the nomination.

Maybe she should run as an independant...

Oh, and speaking of politics, one of my favorite quotes is
    Politics: From the Latin poli - meaning "many" and tics - meaning "blood sucking parasites".
I wish I knew who said that. Near as I can tell, it's been attributed to everyone from Will Rogers to Robin Williams.


NESN carried the Twins / Red Sox game this afternoon so I got to watch the new guy, Giolito, pitch. I also got to watch the Red Sox beat the Twins 8-6.

It's hard for me to form an opinion about Giolito since I only saw him face seven batters over two innings. He walked one, struck out one and forced the other five into pop-outs or infield ground-outs. Generally speaking, I like him. I liked the way he works on the mound, He reminds me of Nate Eovaldi.

As for the infielders, they all looked sharp and ready to play. Story and Devers put on a show when they stepped up to snag some screaming grounders and make athletic throws to first to get the out.

In the other game against the Braves, Bello pitched two innings, facing seven batters. He walked one and struck out three. The Red Sox won that game 5-4.

It's a good day when the Red Sox notch two wins in one day. Even if they are spring training games.

Tomorrow they play the Phillies. First pitch is at 1:05 and it doesn't look like NESN is carrying that game which is a bummer because Houck is scheduled to be the starter.


This picture made me smile.


After baseball, I flipped back and forth between the LPGA and PGA tours.

I like watching sports.

Enjoy these links:

No comments: