Monday, February 12, 2024

That was a long game

It was a good game but I ended up staying awake way past my bedtime.

It looked like the 49ers were going to win the game because, simply put, they dominated during the first half. The Chiefs defense had no answers for Purdy and, despite Taylor Swift's best efforts, their offense was unable to overcome the 49ers defense. Going into the half, the score was 10-3 in favor of the 49ers.

Then, in the second half, the Chiefs figured out how to play football, racking up 16 points while holding the 49ers to 9 points. This meant the game ended regulation time with a 19-19 tie.

They recently changed the overtime rules, eliminating the sudden death "first score wins" rule. Under the new rules, both teams have an opportunity to possess the ball and it was that rule change that saved the Chiefs ass.

The 49ers won the OT coin toss and managed to kick a field goal. Under the old rules, that would have ended the game with a 49ers win. Under the new rules, the 49ers punted to the Chiefs who managed to march the ball down field and score a touchdown, winning the game at just about 11:00pm.

The final score was 25-22 and Taylor Swift seemed very happy.

Since 11:00pm is way past my bedtime, I'm tired today.

I'm unaware of how Taylor Swift is doing today.

And by the way, in my humble opinion, the half time show sucked.


Apparently there is a storm heading our way and we can expect anywhere from 7 to 13 inches of snow along with 40mph wind gusts.

New England occasionally has some pretty interesting weather but a snow storm that might drop 13 inches of snow is really not a big deal. Sure, it's a pain in the ass to have to go clear the driveway, particularly where the plows pile up boulders of snow, but it's not the end of the world as we know it.

My snowblower is currently parked behind my car, right next to my garage door, and my shovel is leaning against it. Fortunately I won't have to clear the driveway first thing in the morning because the college has already announced that tomorrow all classes are remote and The Professor will conduct her classes online from the comfort of her home office.


Dinner eludes me. I have no idea what to make.

While I figure that out, you should check these out:

No comments: