Thursday, July 12, 2012

I lost my address book.

Thanks to Pat and his wonder-gadget, I was able to copy 99% of everything I need from my old laptop hard drive over to my new laptop. There is, however, one major exception - my Outlook Express address book.

Seems that Microsoft decided to encrypt or hide the damned address book and make it impossible for a guy to copy it from one device to another if the old device is no longer capable of running. If I was able to start up my old laptop, I could start Outlook Express and "export" my address book to a format that I could copy over but since my old laptop is kaput, that's not gonna happen.

So the bottom line here is you should all send me an email so I can put your email address into my new address book. And since you're going to send me an email, you should make it an email that includes emails from other people I know.

For instance, if you are, oh, I don't know, maybe my sister or something like that, you could possibly be nice to me and send me an email with all of my relatives email addresses in it.

*

Here's a conversation I overheard at work today:
    I'm going to Marthas Vinyard.
    Oh really? Are you taking the "fairy" to "Gay Head"?
    No but I'm pretty sure that we can both get fired for what you just said...
*

Here are todays links:


No comments: