Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Still not enough rain.

Based on my wealth of hydrologic knowledge, I can say without any reservation that we need way more rain than we are getting.

And if you believe me, you are a silly person. Not only do I not have any "hydrologic" knowledge, I'm not even sure "hydrologic" is an actual english word.

*

The Dog does not like thunderstorms or fireworks. Whenever he sees a bright flash or hears a loud boom, he looks at my with eyes that say, "MAKE IT STOP! PLEASE MAKE IT STOP!"

At 3:00 this morning, mother nature decided to put on a show for us by rolling a nice little thunderstorm over my house. The storm woke me but it was The Dog that kept me awake. He was either pacing back and forth next to me or he had his head up against mine, softly whining.

At 3:30, I had him up on the couch with me rubbing his head & ears and watching television.

At 4:00, he was sound asleep with his head in my lap. I, however, was wide awake.

At 4:30, he was still sound asleep, drooling on my leg and I was still watching very bad television.

At 5:30, he got up and walked into the kitchen with me. He laid down and fell asleep while I made the coffee.

At 5:45, we were back on the couch. He was asleep, drooling, and I was watching the news.

At 6:00, I went upstairs to shower and he laid down on his bed to take a nap.

I went to work and spent my day trying like hell to not fall asleep in the middle of one of many meetings. He spent the day on the couch, taking naps.

There are times when I think that I spoil my dog but that's because he is, after all, the best dog ever.

*

Got some links for you:


No comments: