Thursday, July 26, 2012

I took the day off.

Aside from not getting very much sleep last night, I had some workers here to repair our front window.

Seems that when they built my house back in the early 1970s, they decided that a sheet of 3/4 inch plywood was enough to support the front window. And I'm sure they were correct because at the time, it was a single pane, multi-light spruce window.

Then along came us and our decision to replace our windows....

We had those old drafty, light-weight single pane windows replaced with double pane vinyl-clad aluminum and steel windows about 4 years ago and over that time, the front window has begun to sag and pull away from the house. I noticed it a few months ago and we figured that we either better do something about it soon or plan on having a lot of the outdoors in our living room.

So anyways, I took the day off so I could be here while they were working.

And take some naps.

*

Oh, and just so you know, the key phrase in this special weather announcement from the National Weather Service is: "AN ISOLATED TORNADO OR TWO CAN NOT BE RULED OUT ACROSS WESTERN MASSACHUSETTS AND NORTHERN CONNECTICUT LATE THIS AFTERNOON AND EVENING"

If I am reading the NWS correctly, we have a 45% chance of wind gusts in excess of 50 knots (58mph) and a 10% chance of wind gusts in excess of 65 knots (75mph). We have a 30% chance of damaging hail and a 5% chance of a tornado.


I have filled every gasoline receptacle I own and placed my electrical generating plant on high alert. I hate tornado's and I'm not overly fond of damaging hail....

*

If the weather guys are wrong (and they usually are), I'll add some links this evening. If they are right, it might be several days before I add any links....

*

As promised, here are some links:


No comments: