Thursday, September 27, 2012

An investigative report that means something.

Normally I could care less about those so-called "investigative reports" that news programs occasionally run because I think they are either making mountains out of molehills or they are outright lies. But in the case of the recent ABC news investigation about thefts by TSA agents, I made an exception and started paying attention to it.

The part that caught my attention was the line, "New figures out today show 381 TSA officers have been fired for stealing from passengers...."

That got me to thinking, "I wonder how many TSA officer there are? What is the percentage of officers caught stealing? Does the 381 represent one percent? Ten percent? Twenty percent?"

That's when I found this.

Doing simple math shows that less than 1 percent (.8 percent) of the population of TSA screeners are thieves. However, I would like to point out that 100 percent of them are gropers & fondlers of innocent men, women and children.

Remember,the TSA is not there to keep us safe, it's there to keep us in line.

*

And speaking of the Federal Government, it certainly does not shock me that they are still spending a lot of our tax dollars mandating how we should live our lives.

Thanks to yet another meddling First Lady (Remember Nancy Reagan and her "Just Say No" campaign that resulted in our now infamous war on drugs?) our government has done something that is costing us a lot of money with little or no benefit.

Why do we keep letting this happen? Why do we keep letting people that we never elected dictate to us how we should live our lives?

*

If you would like, you can click on these links:


No comments: