Friday, September 21, 2012

My good friend John is now Number One.

If you had told me thirty years ago that John would one day be the senior badge in town, I would have agreed with you. His ability to do the job with a level head and calm demeanor (expect for that one time with the mag lite and the drunk kid on the steps of the dorm) was always apparent. His understanding of what is right and wrong, legal and illegal, smart and stupid, was always spot on.

And those, my friends, are the qualities that most of us want in the people we ask to uphold our laws.

So I say to my friend John, "Congratulations. Bask in your glory for a while and then do me a favor - retire and go do something else that doesn't involve dealing with stressed-out people who have just done something wrong/illegal/stupid."

*

Here are some links to click on:


No comments: