Wednesday, September 5, 2012

The dog and I got no sleep last night.

He does not like being high as a kite and, as a result, he spent the night whining and fussing. he also did not want to be alone. When I went upstairs to get changed, he tried to follow me. Going upstairs is strictly verboten and is considered a very bad thing for a dog with a brand new ACL.

This morning, I placed some chairs across the dorrway between our kitchen and the hallway that leads to the stairs hoping they would serve as a deterent to him. It was not to be. He head-butted the chairs out of the way and came upstairs anyways.

I dug out an old baby gate we had and placed it across the doorway when I left the house this morning. My wife went home at 12:30 this afternoon to check on him and discovered that he was up on the couch (again, strictly verboten).

Can someone explain to me how it's possible for a three-legged dog who is in some amount of pain to jump up on a two foot high couch?

*

While I fall asleep in front of my TV, you can click on these links:


No comments: