Saturday, June 22, 2013

Another waste of our tax dollars

I drove my youngest up to Northfield / Mount Hermon today where he will be teaching youngsters at a week-long summer camp.

During the drive, I saw at least four electronic signs on I-91 that our state government installed over the last year. These are not those wheeled solar panel signs that you see when there is construction. No sir, these are permanent fixtures erected on the side of the highway.

Every sign on the way up and back said the same thing:


Thank goodness my government is one of the few left in this country that care about me and my safety. You have no idea how good I feel living in one of the four states (Delaware, Massachusetts, New Jersey and New York) in the union that protect their residents from those evil firecrackers and sparklers.

And not only is my government willing to go out of it's way to babysit me, they are willing to spend millions of my tax dollars on electronic highway signs so they can tell me that they are babysitting me and if I misbehave, they will punish me.

By the way, after I dropped him off, I continued up route 10 into Winchester, New Hampshire where I bought a box of ammunition at a gun shop. Ammunition that is capable of doing great damage or causing death. I did not stop at State Line Fireworks and buy any sparklers or fountains because, hey, I might burn myself or something.

*

Tonight is another dual-sport kind of night. The Red Sox will be playing the Tigers at 7:00 and the Bruins will be playing the Blackhawks at 8:00.

I will be watching both courtesy of my special coaching TV and it's Picture-in-Picture settings.

I will be watching until I fall sound asleep in my recliner.

*

Here are a few links you can visit:

No comments: