Friday, June 7, 2013

There may not be baseball but there is hockey

The Red Sox won last night so they are once again tied for first in the American League. Unfortunately, the rain has postponed tonights game and they will play a double-header on Saturday.

I like double-headers because it requires some pretty serious strategy on the managers part. He has a limited pool of players and two games to play with very little rest in between. He has to decide who has the stamina to play 18 innings of baseball, who can only play 8 or 10 innings and what does he do so his bullpen doesn't implode.

Anytime a team wins both games of a double header, it's an indication that the manager knows what he is doing and he knows his players strengths and weaknesses.

*

Since there is no baseball, I will be entirely focused on hockey tonight.

Well, at least as focused as I can be. Last night I was sound asleep by 9:15.

Based on that, it's pretty safe to assume that I'll be able to watch the first period of hockey but the next two periods are listed as "maybe" on my list of things to accomplish tonight.

*

Here are some links you can click on:

No comments: