Wednesday, July 17, 2013

I managed to watch four innings of the All Star game.

I got to see Robinson Canoe, one of the last remaining Yankees, get hit by a pitch and limp off the field. I'm betting Joe Giradi had a freakin' heart attack when he saw that pitch hit his last remaining major league ballplayer in the knee.

*

Attention NBC News: Edward Snowden is not a whistleblower. A whistleblower does not flee the country and hide in Russia before he releases information. A whistleblower does not seek asylum in a foreign country.

I'm not sure that what he did was wrong but it was definitely against the law. Until he is tried in a court of law, you may call him "alleged traitor" or "alleged treasonous bastard".

Do I think that our government is going down the right path? No. I think our government is a frightening entity that is swiftly and silently turing our country into a police state but I do think that Edward Snowden swore an oath when he took that job and he was told that the data he was reviewing was considered secret.

He broke that oath the minute he started copying data onto thumb drives and carrying it out of the building. He pissed on that oath, and the nation in general, when he released that data to the world.

The penalty for treason used to be death. I'm not sure if that's still true but I won't be surprised to learn that it is.

*

Today's links have a theme:

No comments: